Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. Please follow the advice of local health authorities. For the safety of all, please do NOT travel if you do not feel well, have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days or have reason to believe that you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Please call us if you need to cancel your reservation.
B.C. Provincial Public Health Update June 30, 2021
The province of B.C. announced that Step 3 of their 4 step plan begins July 1, and we are pleased to be able welcome all Canadian residents travelling for business or pleasure. Visit gov.bc.ca to find out more about B.C.’s 4 step re-opening plan.
Changes in Step 3
It is recommended that masks be worn indoors, particularly for those who have not yet been fully vaccinated.
Restaurants may move towards usual occupancy without the requirement of social distancing.
The Courtney Room is open for indoor dining for breakfast, happy hour, and dinner. Limited patio seating is available based on the weather. Please note that guests are not permitted to mingle between tables.
Spa Magnolia is currently accepting B.C. residents who have not travelled outside BC for 14 days prior to their appointment. Masks are required throughout the spa. COVID-19 protocols here
Our COVID-19 safety protocols are updated periodically, please review updated information just prior to your arrival.
What To Expect When You Arrive
- Masks are recommended indoors, particularly for those who have not yet been fully vaccinated, and for your safety, our staff will continue to wear masks.
- During your stay, please maintain a safe social distance between yourself and other guests and our associates while we work to have everyone fully vaccinated.
- Our front doors are locked overnight; please ring the doorbell for assistance. We will lock and unlock the door for you and clean all touchpoints as people come and go.
- Check-in and check-out are virtually touchless.
- Valet parking is $30 per night; our staff will wear gloves and a mask while parking your car. For those who prefer to self-park, street parking is currently free from 6pm to 9am daily, and the City of Victoria parkade located on Courtney Street between Blanshard & Douglas is currently $14.50 daily; this does not include in and out privileges and pricing is subject to change by the City of Victoria.
- Your room will be stocked with amenities, including toiletries, coffee, tea, cream, sugar, and a bottle of filtered water; should you require more during your stay please contact Guest Services.
During Your Stay
For the comfort of our guests daily housekeeping will not be providing unless requested. Please let us know in the evening if you would like your room refreshed the next day. Alternatively we can deliver additional toiletries, coffee, bottled water, fresh linens or glassware to your room at any time.
For social distancing purposes, one guest, or guests from one room, per elevator please.
We have removed non-essential items in rooms, including pens, paper, and magazines to reduce touchpoints, but they are available at the front desk should you require them.
Mini-bar items have been removed from the rooms; the menu is still in the room and you may order items during your stay.
Check-out time is currently 11am to allow for additional cleaning. Check-in time is 4pm; you may check-in early if your room is available.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID‐19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
- Associates are not permitted to come to work if they do not feel well or may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Associates have been trained on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each check out, using products and protocols effective against viruses with special attention to high-touch points.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces with a focus on the front desk counter, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all staff areas, especially high touch points.
For the most updated information, please refer to the following or your local health authority.
Updated June 30, 2021