Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. Please follow the advice of local health authorities. For the safety of all, please do NOT travel if you do not feel well, have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days or have reason to believe that you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Please call us if you need to cancel your reservation.
B.C. Provincial Health Travel Advisor November 19 to December 7, 2020.
In accordance with the provincial health travel order we are currently accepting reservations for guests that live in the Greater Victoria region and for those on essential travel.
Only registered guests are permitted in the hotel, including guest rooms, in order to support no social gatherings outside your household.
Our COVID-19 safety protocols are updated periodically, please review updated information just prior to your arrival.
What To Expect When You Arrive
- It is mandatory to wear masks in all public spaces. A complimentary disposable mask is available for registered hotel guests upon requests, or you may purchase a re-usable cloth mask for $15.
- During your stay, please maintain a safe social distance of 2 meters between yourself and other guests and our associates.
- We are making every effort to limit the number of people inside the hotel. Consistent with provincial health guidelines, we are currently not allowing people in the hotel who are not registered guests.
- Our front doors are locked overnight; please ring the doorbell for assistance. We will lock and unlock the door for you and clean all touch points as people come and go.
- Check-in and check out are virtually touchless.
- Valet parking is $30 per night; our staff will wear gloves and a mask while parking your car. For those who prefer to self-park, street parking is currently free from 6pm to 9am daily, and City of Victoria parkade located on Courtney Street between Blanshard & Douglas is currently $14.50 daily; this does not include in and out privileges and pricing is subject to change by the City of Victoria.
- Your room will be stocked with amenities, including toiletries, coffee, tea, cream, sugar and a bottle of filtered water; should you require more during your stay please contact Guest Services.
During Your Stay
To reduce risk to our guests and our associates, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service or evening turn-down during your stay. For stays of 3 nights or more, you may request housekeeping service; all guests must be out of the room for 4 hours, please schedule with the front desk in advance.
For social distancing purposes, one guest, or guests from one room, per elevator please.
We have removed non-essential items in rooms, including pens, paper and magazines to reduce touch points, but they are available at the front desk should you require them.
Mini-bar items have been removed from the rooms; the menu is still in the room and you may order items during your stay.
Check out time is currently 11am to allow for additional cleaning. Check-in time is 4pm; you may check in early if your room is available.
The Courtney Room restaurant is currently open for breakfast 7am-11am, 4pm-6pm for happy hour and for dinner 5pm-10pm everyday with take out and room service options. Room service is delivered outside your door. Restaurant seating is limited, reservations are strongly recommended. We do require contact information for one person in each group. Guests should wear their masks when entering and leaving the restaurant, and moving to and from their table.
Spa Magnolia is open 7 days per week for BC residents that have not been outside BC for the last 14 days. Additional cleaning and training have been put in place and the number of appointments will be reduced. Masks are required and advance reservations are strongly recommended, please see details here.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID‐19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
- Associates are not permitted to come to work if they do not feel well or may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Associates have been trained on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each check out, using products and protocols effective against viruses with special attention to high-touch points.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces with a focus on the front desk counter, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all staff areas, especially high touch points.
For the most updated information, please refer to the following or your local health authority.
November 9, 2020